March 2020 Business Meeting Minutes
A special message from Her Majesty
Unto my dearest East Kingdom, It is with a heavy heart that I must decree ALL in person, Eastern SCA functions are canceled until April 30th. Please note this date may change as things around us change. Please be patient with Us and each other. I encourage all to use online meetings and get-togethers as much as possible. The A&S initiative has many online classes as well. The Webministy is 100% ready to help as needed. You are the treasures of this fair Kingdom and it is you that is the most important part of this game. Your passions, generosity and fighting spirit is what makes Our Dream a Reality.
Margarita, Queen of the East
Coronet’s Report – Baron Muin maqq Minain
Hello, the Barony!
While many want to talk (or feel compelled to talk) about disease, disturbances, and distress; you need not feel obliged to join in. It is on you to decide how to proceed. Be only as included as you feel YOU need to be.
At recent events we have seen:
Lord Egil (called Badhands) took the Unbelt Tourney by storm and was rated as the top fighter by the Chivalry assembled at Ice Weasel.
Baroness Ysmay was elevated to the Peerage as a Pelican at the Crown Bardic event held by Our neighbors, Caer Adamant.
Please wish them well, and take note of our crop of creamy upper crustiness.
On to other news, Spring is a time for a ramping up of good events within daytripping distance. Bear in mind that Bhakail is made all the more shiny by you and your participation.
We are still looking to add a camping event to our calendar starting in 2021, suggestions, ideas, and those interested in Stewarding this theoretical event.
This Barony of Bhakail succeeds as we work to make it so.
In my name; Muin, Baron of Bhakail
Seneschal’s Report – Honorable Lady Alesia de Maris of Ravenstar
From the Kingdom Seneschal, Mistress Medhbh inghean ui Cheallaigh –
Greetings, Seneschals of the East!
The Kingdom Seneschals are in ongoing conversations about responses to COVID-19, and we’re sharing strategies, etc. I’ll be posting collected wisdom to the Unofficial FB Group as well as emailing you.
* Proactively review current & upcoming contracts for cancellation requirements and look for “force majeure” clauses, also known as Impossibility Occurrences, Acts of God, and Forces of Nature clauses, to see what kind of notice might be required and what payments, if any, are required or forfeited if invoked.
* Strongly encourage/require gloves be worn for food distribution (lunch taverns, snacks for fighters, etc.) where the food is not prepackaged and being provided by event staff. Obviously we can’t control what individuals do in groups.
* Encourage bringing of mugs for drinking and not sharing out of a bottle.
Also from Mistress Medhbh –
At Her Majesty’s Court at Bardic Championship this past Saturday, the Queen issued a Temporary Removal from Participation against Patrick Lomax. A TRP means that he cannot participate in the Society at all, either in person or online, until the BoD makes a decision about his case.
From the Honorable Lady Alesia –
I have also made the decision to temporarily suspend fighter practice in Phoenixville in accordance with the governor’s request to close all nonessential businesses and meetings.
Exchequer’s Report – Mistress Philadelphia Brown
I apologize for not being able to attend tonight’s Meeting.
The event reports for Yule and Tavern have been submitted.
A financial policy review meeting is planned for later this spring.
I am seeking a deputy for Barony Meetings in case I need to miss any in the future and/or to be trained as an eventual successor. If interested, please let me know.
Thanks! – Philly
Herald’s Report – Lady Ragna Grímólfsdóttir
Report posted on the website.
Chronicler’s Report – Lady Triona MacCasky
I apologize for the delay in getting out the newsletter/ meeting notes, but with all the changes and issues, I kept having to revise this to reflect the latest information coming out of Kingdom.
Knight Marshal’s Report – Lord Egill Illugasson
Practices are canceled until at least April 30th.
Rapier Marshal’s Report – Don Melchior Kriebel
Fencing practice has been suspended until at least April 30th, per the direction of the Crown.
Minister of the Lists’ Report – Mistress Judith the Confused
Now is the time to beef up your exercise regimen so you will be ready for the upcoming physical activities. Remember to drink water. See you on the field.
– Gisela and Judith
Side note from the Central Region Deputy MoL (Triona) – This is also a really good time to check your authorization. There’s a lot of expired autos both in the heavy and fencing databases. While you can’t get re-authorized at the moment because of the cancellation of practices, you’ll at least know you have to do it as soon as we get back to our regular practices.
Chatelaine’s Report – Lady Chana Freidl the Maker
There was to be a meeting of the Black Boot Company, but that has been canceled because of the ongoing restrictions.
Minister of Arts & Sciences’ Report – Lady Maryna Borowska
Crown and Queen’s Bardic was a fantastic event. Congratulations to Master Grim the Skald, newest Crown’s Bard, and Lord Drake Oranwood, newest Queen’s Bard.
There was a call for help with a demo for Iron Bog at South Jersey geek fest, but that has been postponed until June.
Applications are now open for any parties interested in participating in the Pennsic A&S War Point for the East. Please check the EK website for more information and the application.
Chancellor Minor’s Report – Lady Honorable Lady Roseia Poseia
I have been asked to run children’s activities at the Iron Bog Mitzvah, however the event was postponed.
Webminister’s Report – Lord Rúni inn írski
Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust – Honorable Lady Livia Petralia
Martyn has stepped down as Seneschal of the bailiwick, and Livia has stepped up to the position. Their next meeting will be held on line due to advisories from Penn.
- Bid Assistance – As the subject of bids had come up, it was suggested that something should be made available on the website to assist people interested in submitting bids for events.
- Shire Wars – The Shire of Black Rose is seeking financial support for Shire Wars. After some discussion, the Seneschal compiled a list of questions with regards to the support and we will be voting on this at April meeting.
- Online Business Meeting – The April meeting will be held online, please keep an eye out on the mailing list and on the Barony’s Facebook page for more information as we get it.
- Pennsic – As of right now Pennsic is still on, per the mayor Sir Gregory. However, given the current state of things, they will be monitoring and making decisions as necessary. If you are planning to camp with the Barony, you should’ve received an email from Lady Chana with details about registering with the group. If you haven’t received an email please contact her. Rosie is collecting camp fees.
- Camping Event – The Baron is still asking for folks to look for possible sites the hold a camping event in spring 2021. Anyone with ideas or suggestions, please contact the Seneschal or the Baron.
- Commons and Champions – The date has been set for the Barony’s Commons and Champions event. The date is August 23. The location is Pavilion #3 at Ridley Creek State Park. The Seneschal is still looking for bids for this event. Rosie submitted a bid at the meeting.
- Yule – The Seneschal is also looking for bids for Yule. Anyone with a bid please submit it to Alesia.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.