June 2021 Business Meeting Minutes
Coronet’s Report – Baron Muin maqq Minain
To the People of Bhakail, Our Allies, and Our Friends;
As we begin to move toward: A Society that meets in person. A Society that Celebrates in person. A Society that holds events in person.
Please use caution, and continue to move through this world knowing that masking, hand washing, and distancing can make the difference between seeing your friends, and fellows in this grand Hobbie today, AND being able to see those gentles at future events.
We are half way through 2021, let us not ruin our progress now by rushing.
Hopefully Anticipating Tomorrow,
– Muin, Baron of Bhakail
Seneschal’s Report – Honorable Lady Alesia de Maris of Ravenstar
SRWC happened last Saturday and from what I have heard it went very well and people had fun. The restrictions on in-person events has ended and there are a few events on the East Kingdom calendar. The BoD has issued a new easing of restrictions that will be in effect on July 1st.
Crown Tourney bids are being accepted until June 12th. We expect to hear next week if the joint Hartshorn dale/Bhakail bid is accepted. If this is accepted, I will send out a message on the list with more details. Volunteers will be needed to help out. This will be strictly voluntary, if you don’t feel comfortable attending events yet don’t feel that you need to work the event. I don’t want anyone putting themselves in a situation where they don’t feel safe. As the plague continues to recede from the land and we make our first tentative steps outside I look forward to seeing you. Please continue to stay safe.
Social Media Deputy – Magister Rowen Cloteworthy
Hello, hello, Bhakail! –
Social Media continues! Seven new people have joined the FB group since the last business meeting. With activities slowly starting up, other local groups have started posting to our page with their practices and demos. Rapier in Buckland Cross, a 4th of July demo in Hartshorn Dale. Information about the trim offer from Calontir Trim has been shared to the email group. There is a FB Group from Hartshorn Dale to coordinate staff for their hoped-for Crown bid, but there does not appear to be an email list. Discussions and guidance on new standards from the Society about the SCA on personal pages has started coming through. And that’s all for this report.
Exchequer Report – Mistress Philadelphia Brown
Still Seeking a deputy. Nothing new to report.
Chamberlain’s Report – Honorable Lord Bryan Mac Dhunghaill an Boghadair
Nothing to report.
Herald’s Report – Lady Ragna Grímólfsdóttir
From the Eastern Internal Letter of Intent (ILoI) – This letter includes all new names and devices that have been submitted to the Eastern College of Heralds in the last month. It takes about two months for items to reach the next stage, the Eastern Letter of Decision.
- June 2021:
No letter appears to have been posted.
From the Eastern Letter of Decision (LoD) – This letter reports what items will be forwarded to Laurel to be decided on and what will be returned to the submitter for more work. It takes about six more months for submissions to reach the next stage, the Laurel Letter of Acceptances and Returns.
- June 2021:
No letter appears to have been posted.
- May 2021:
While I am pleased to report that the monthly letter has seen a sharp increase in activity, I did not see any names or items that I recognized as belonging to members of the Barony.
From the Laurel Letter of Acceptances and Returns (LoAR) – This letter says what items have been accepted by SCA’s College of Arms and what has been returned to the submitter unregistered.
- April 2021:
I did not see any names or items that I recognized as belonging to members of the Barony.
If you are currently unsure of the status of your name or device, please contact me at email@example.com and I will provide you with an update.
– Ragna Grímólfsdóttir
Chronicler’s Report – Lady Triona MacCasky
Nothing to report.
Knight Marshal’s Report – Lord Egill Illugasson
Practice continues to be held Thursdays at 7pm. If you are in need of a new auth card, you can renew online at this link: https://mol.eastkingdom.org/
Rapier Marshal’s Report – Don Melchior Kriebel
Practices may be resuming in June. Stay tuned for more details..
Archery Marshal – Lady Maryna Borowska
Minister of the Lists’ Report – The Honorable Lord Mikael melrakki
The MoL office is entering the digital age. Authorization forms may now be submitted online.
Chataleine’s Report – Lady Chana Freidl the Maker
Chatelaine – nothing to report
Minister of Arts & Sciences’ Report – Lady Maryna Borowska
Chancellor Minor’s Report – Lady Honorable Lady Roseia Poseia
I have nothing new to report for May. Still planning to help with Shire Wars and if Hartshorn-dale get the bid for Crown. John Patrick and I will be glad and honor to help with the event.
– Lady Roseia Posey
Webminister’s Report – Máistir Mael Eoin mac Echuidh
I have started setting up a space to test a redesign/improvements to Bhakail’s website as we really should have more photos/etc. as it is a landing place for newcomers much more than it is a resource just for local members. I will share anything I have as soon as it’s usable, to get feedback before anything goes live.
Otherwise, I have properly fixed the webminister email address that was bouncing and will keep an eye out for any other needs from officers.
– Mael Eoin
Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust – Honorable Lady Livia Petralia
Pennsic Campmaster – Lady Chana Freidl the Maker
Pennsic has been officially cancelled
– Lady Chana Freidl the Maker
Historian – Honorable Lord Bryan Mac Dhunghaill an Boghadair
I am working on the History, unfortunately I am running out of information. I am going to contact the East Kingdom Chronicler and Historian to see if there is any way to access more information. Once again, if there is anyone who has old Pikestaffs, Salamanders and or anything you think I might be able to use please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Service to the East and
the Barony of Bhakail
– THL Bryan
- Marple Library Demo – The Marple Library in Broomall contacted the Chatelaine about possibly helping with an outdoor program for teens this summer or early fall. There was some discussion about what they would be looking for and would we be able to do a demo. Chana will respond to the email with some questions and copy Alesia.
- Tavern Practice – At the May meeting Baron Mael Eoin brought up having an outdoor Tavern practice at his home. Alesia will review the current restrictions and get back to him by the end of the week.
- In person meetings – This was brought up and discussed.
- Any meetings in person should be held outdoors. Holding meetings at someone’s home is fine but should
be entirely voluntary on the part of the homeowner. Baron Muin suggested holding in-person meetings at a pavilion at Ridley Creek State Park.
- Virtual meetings are easier to attend as participants don’t have to travel.
- Alesia will check if the Kingdom Seneschal requires on online presence at meetings. As the park has no wi-fi having a computer so people can attend virtually may be problematic.
- Deputy Exchequer – The Exchequer is looking for a successor or a deputy interested in learning the position. Mistress Philadelphia’s term as Exchequer is not due to expire until 2022 but she is looking for someone interested in learning the position with the intent to take over when her term ends. If you have any questions regarding the duties of the Exchequer please contact Mistress Philadelphia at email@example.com.
- Deputy Herald – Our herald is looking for a deputy. It was then suggested that all officers who currently do not have a deputy, should consider seeking one. Currently the only position with a deputy is the MOAS. If anyone is interested in becoming a deputy for any of the other offices, please let the officer and the seneschal know.
- Crown Tourney – Bids for crown tourney are being accepted until June 12th. Due to a short timelines the Consuls have promised a quick decision. We should hear next week if the bid was accepted. There is a Facebook group called Crown staff for people who want to help.
- Bhakail Commons – Triona was unable to attend. Alesia will contact the park about the insurance and additional paperwork.
- River War –To River War or Not to River War is scheduled for September 25th. It should be a fun event.
- Shire Wars –The Event Steward is looking for volunteers to help out. Contact the Event Steward Eleazer Ha-Levi. His email address is on the East Kingdom event page.
- Yule –Philly will contact the German Society to ask about using the site for Yule on the second Saturday of December and about Tavern on the last Saturday of January.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.