Officer Reports


Updates from Bhakail’s Officers

June 2019 Business Meeting Notes

Old Business

  • Pennsic
    • 45 days until Pennsic, 8 days left to pre-reg; EK court is Tuesday according to Facebook, but there was debate on that earlier in the year; Bhakail’s period games night is on middle Sunday
  • Commons
    • Plague sale of Gold Key and unclaimed Lost & Found!
    • Bring tables, chairs, & friends
    • Everyone should be responsible for your what you bring to the potluck – clean up your food before you leave
    • There will be court!
    • Officially event closes at 6 PM
    • This is a FREE EVENT, but donations will be accepted.  Considered a “charity event”
    • Not supposed to put trash in the dumpsters (take it with us)
    • Separate recyclables
    • ABSOLUTELY dry site, no alcohol at all or we will be kicked out
  • Tavern
    • Bid is being submitted
    • Rowen putting in to be deputy autocrat for Tavern “if anything should happen to the autocrats” (aka if Muin becomes Baron)
  • Mael Eoin fundraiser
    • Date to be determined
  • Largesse Project
    • Pushed back, still accumulating, to give to Majesties at Yule
  • PAX
    • In touch with floor coordinator, $900 for a 100 sq ft space; emailing chatelaines in the area to see if we can all pitch in money for it?
  • Yule
    • On the calendar; Mistress Scheherazade is royal liaison; have to discuss food; there will be no planned youth activities; it will be Investiture, current Highnesses are aware
  • Philly Ren Faire
    • Chana will reach out to Charlotte (on staff at Faire); still at Fort Mifflin; May 2-3, & 9-10 2020

New Business

  • Yule and Commons autocrats need to change hands now
    • According to Kingdom policy, Alesia can’t run events unless she gets permission
      • Maryna is now officially in charge of Commons
      • Autocrat for Yule doesn’t have to be decided tonight, proposed to table conversation about Yule staff until July meeting

Officers

  • Coronet
    • “Come to Commons and wish me well or curse my name” – lots of court scheduled, Cake or Death tournament sponsored by Matthew Miller; Matthew Miller who looks remarkably like Baroness Ysmay got his Silver Rapier; Talon (our deputy knight marshal) got his Order of the Tiger Combatant; Caitlin was called out in court for her fancy garb, Her Highness thinks great things out of her; Chana is now protege to Maistir Mael Eoin
  • Webminister
    • website and email are still working; report for officer membership and logins; standing by for office changes that are about to occur; Rowen would like to be new social media deputy, but they are not under the Webministry, they are under seneschal – they will look into this
  • Exchequer
    • Designated Fund balances:
      • Gold Key: $119.00
      • Bhakail Army: $42.00
      • Siege/Combat Archery: $25.00
      • Fencers’ Loaner Gear: $47.50 (matching funds)
      • Canton/Social balance: $1,267.46
    • Thanks! – Philly
  • MOAS
    • Submitted report, scribal shenanigans happening after Pennsic; Caer Adament has ongoing A&S nights; art continues to happen; Bhakail A&S workshops will get going again
  • MOL
    • Greetings unto all in the Barony and Friends of the Barony,We will soon be selecting new Champions for Bhakail and also getting ready for War.  Please check that your authorization cards are legible and have them (or a photo on your mystical device).If you are authorizing at a practice, Marshall’s please make sure you are sending documents to the current East Kingdom MOL – Lady Olivia Baker.  Her legal name and address are as follows:

      Kate Crandall
      PO Box 5561
      Colonie, NY 12205

      Have a great fighting season. Stay hydrated and safe.  Hope to see you on the field or around the campfire.
      Mistress Gisela Szabo and Mistress Judith the Confused
  • Herald
    • Will be on the website tonight
  • Chronicler
    • Currently fighting crime in the city; his substitute is taking notes
  • Chancellor minor
    • Children’s activities at SRWC, 8 kids throughout the day; kids made ice cream, painted shields
  • Chamberlain
    • We have stuff; coordinating getting stuff to Commons
  • Chatelaine
    • Newcomers are great; newcomer largesse project will get underway soon to introduce newcomers to new craft ideas; Remy and Caitlin will be coming to Pennsic;
    • Commons Plague Sale, you can bring stuff to donate to Plague Sale as long as you realize the proceeds will go to the barony; please contact Chana if you would like to do that
  • Bailiwick
    • Winter Night’s South/Caer Adament’s Banshee Bardic will now be merged
  • Seneschal
    • Sent out letter to step down
      • Two people were interested in taking position
        • Mael Eoin has withdrawn
          • Has been officer for about 15 years,
          • Going for Seneschal because there are things we need to deal with (bylaws, we are not following them)
          • This way we don’t have to go through a runoff vote
        • Lady Alesia voted in! Waugh Bhakail! (she celebrated with an evil cackle)
    • Thanks to Master Muin for spending the last two years dedicated to the Barony
  • Other Business 
    • Letters of Intent for position of Coronet are due by the July business meeting on July 9th 2019 and need to be given to the Baron, and Deputy Senseshal 
    • No business meeting in August due to Pennsic
    • Alesia is now in charge and can now close the meeting.

May 2019 Business Meeting Notes

Old Business

  • Yule
    • 14 December 2019
    • Budget has been passed
  • Pennsic
    • Lady Roseia Poseia is our camp exchequer.  Pennsic camp money ($60/adult & $20/juvenile) can be given to her, either cash or check payable to Rose O’Connell.  Money must be received by June 19th.
    • Pre-Reg Ends soon
        • Mail in – May 31st 2019
        • Online (Unpaid) – June 6th 2019
        • Online (Paid) – June 19th 2019
    • Check your tents!  Moldy tents are sad tents.
  • Commons
    • NEW DATE!!!
      • Sunday June 23rd 2019
    • NEW LOCATION!!!
      • Pavilion 14 at Ridely Creek State Park (map)
    • Plague sale!
      • Gold Key Garb
      • Constables Lost & Found
  • Tavern
    • One bid so far
  • Mael Oein Fundraiser
    • Date TBD
  • Largess Project
    • Was originally set for Crown Tournament but the Royals schedule was full and it didn’t happen.
    • Now planned for Southern Region War Camp on 7-9 Jun 2019
  • PAX Unplugged
    • We are strongly considering putting together a medieval gaming demo this year.  Neighboring Baronies, are Shires will be invited to participate.
    • Dates have been announced, December 6-8th 2019, and tickets are on sale.
    • Lady Channa Friedl the Maker and Lady Maryna Borowska will be coordinating with PAX organizers

New Business

  • Baron Rowen Cloteworthy is stepping down as Baron of Bhakail at our Commons event on June 23rd.
    • Letters of Intent are due by the July business meeting on July 9th 2019 and need to be given to the Baron, and Deputy Senseshal 
  • Master Muin maqq Minain in stepping down as Senseshal at the of June to start his run for Baron of Bhakail.
    • Letter of Intent are due by the June Business Meeting on June 11th 2019 and needs to be given to the Baron and Senseshal
  • Philly Ren Faire
    • We were contacted by organizers of the Philly Ren Faire asking us to come back next year.

Officer Reports

  • Baron
    • “To all the people of the Barony, greetings and all good wishes to each of you!

      It is with great regret that I announce that I will be stepping down as Baron at the end of June. I am, unfortunately, moving out of the Barony (into Iron Bog) and cannot retain the Seat.

      I have spoken to Their Majesties Ôzurr and Fortune; to Mistress Katherine Barr, EK Seneschal; and to Master Muin as Baronial Seneschal. The Crown has acknowledged my need to step down. At my suggestion, Baroness Ysmay de Lynn will serve as Vicar during the polling process for a new Baronial Seat.

      Master Muin will begin to set up the polling process to choose a new Baronial Seat immediately. I’ve contacted Their Highnesses to ask if They can make this Yule the next Baronial Investiture. That will be easiest on the Barony’s schedule and fits well into the timeline. I do not yet have a response, but I’m certain They’re very busy with Their new position and I will hear from them soon.

      In consultation with Master Muin and the Honorable Lady Alesia de Maris of Ravenstar, event steward for Commons and Champions, and after explaining the situation to the Barony’s Armored and Rapier Champions, we will be moving Commons and Champions to Sunday, June 23rd, where I will choose new Armored and Rapier Champions to serve the Barony for the next year, hold my Last Court, and install Ysmay as Vicar, assuming the bid passes its vote at the May Business Meeting this Tuesday night.

      Thank you for the opportunity to serve you for these last two years. It has been my absolute greatest pleasure to be your Baron. This is truly the best job I’ve had in the Society and you all have done me and your Barony proud.

      Waauugghh, Bhakail!!”

    • A number of awards were given to Bhakailies and our friends! A complete list can be found on the East Kingdom Gazette webpage.
  • Senseshal
    • Stepping down as Senseshal at the of June to start his run for Baron of Bhakail.
      • Letter of Intent are due by the June Business Meeting on June 11th 2019 and needs to be given to the Baron and Senseshal
  • Web Minister
    • New Emails for new Officers!
    • The transfer from Yahoo Groups to Google Groups is starting soon
  • MOAS
    • New Scribal Date TBD
    • Many Arts & Sciences Demos at the recent May-be event
    • Looking for help creating scrolls for Commons at the end of June
  • Exchequer
    • Commons budget passed!
    • Designated Fun balances
      • Gold Key- $119
      • Bhakail Army- $42
      • Siege/Combat Archery- $25
      • Fencers Loaner Gear- $47.50
      • Canton Social- $1267.46
  • MOL
    • Authorization card forms are still going to an old address and is causing delays and possibly getting lost.
  • Herald
    • Posted to website.
  • Chronicler
    • Still taking and posting notes
  • Chancellor Minor
    • Children’s Activities at Crown Tourny was a success
    • Planning for Southern Region War Camp
      • Please Contact if you’re interested in helping
  • Chamberlain
    • “I will be working with the Autocrat & staff for Champions & Commons to make sure the appropriate Baronial gear makes it to the event.  If anyone is planning any upcoming events, please remember to reach out as early into your process as you can”
  • Chatelaine
    • We had a number of new comers at Iron Bogs May-be event
    • Planning on spending some gold key money on purchasing pants and using donations of fabric to make new tunics
  • Bailiwick
    • Zip Code transfer has been completed!
    • Planing on a Dance & Music Day in the Fall
    • Business Meeting June 28th in the Van Pelt Library
      • If you’re not a Penn Student contact the Senseshal to get your name on the attendance list

Salamander Pursuivant’s Report, 2019-05

His Excellency’s last court was held on January 26th at our tavern event, known this year as “At the Sign of the Cat and Dragon”. His Excellency’s next court will be held at Commons, on June 23rd. Anyone interested in producing scrolls for future Baronial Courts is welcome to contact me.

Heraldic Submissions

If you have submitted an item to the College for review via another consulting herald, please let me know what name you are submitting it under so that the progress of your items can be included on future versions of this report.

From the Eastern Internal Letter of Intent (ILoI) – This letter includes all new names and devices that have been submitted to the Eastern College of Heralds in the last month. It takes about two months for items to reach the next stage, the Eastern Letter of Decision.

April 2019:

— Maryna Borowska’s has submitted a new name (Maryna Borowska), new device (per saltire azure and argent, a domestic cat passant sable and a bordure purpura) and new badge ((Fieldless) a domestic cat couchant sable maintaining a sprig of bilberryfructed and leaved proper).

 

From the Eastern Letter of Decision (LoD) – This letter reports what items will be forwarded to Laurel to be decided on and what will be returned to the submitter for more work. It takes about six more months for submissions to reach the next stage, the Laurel Letter of Acceptances and Returns.

April 2019:

No items I recognized as belonging to a member of the Barony appeared on this month’s LoD.

 

From the Laurel Letter of Acceptances and Returns (LoAR) – This letter says what items have been accepted by SCA’s College of Arms and what has been returned to the submitter unregistered.

February 2019:

No items from the East Kingdom appeared on this month’s LoAR.

If you are currently unsure of the status of your name or device, please contact me at herald@bhakail.eastkingdom.org and I will provide you with an update.

Pennsic

For those who are attending Pennsic, consulting tables should be available on site. However, please be aware that due to the number of submissions received, it may not be possible for the consulting heralds to keep you updated on the progress of your names and devices. Please let me know if you submit something while there, in case you have questions about where it is in the process or in the event that the College has questions or needs to request a change to your paperwork.

 

In service,

Ragna Grímólfsdóttir


April 2019 Business Meeting Notes

New Business

  • A&S
    • Lady Maryna Borowska Is our new MOAS.
  • Pennsic
    • Lady Roseia Poseia is our camp exchequer.  Pennsic camp money ($60/adult & $20/juvenile) can be given to her, either cash or check payable to Rose O’Connell.  Money must be received by June 19th.
    • Camp Meeting April 28 April 2019 at Baron Darmon and Baroness Sabines house.
    • Pre-Reg Ends soon
      • Mail in – May 31st
      • Online (Unpaid) – June 6th
      • Online (Paid) – June 19th
    • Check your tents!  Moldy tents are sad tents.
  • Fundraisers
    • Baron Mael Eoin is planning on a fundraiser at his house.  More info coming later.
    • Possible fundraiser at Bhakail Commons.  Gold Key garb sale.  Bake Sale.  Constables Lost and Found Sale.
  • Crown Tournament
    • The barony would like together Largess gifts to present to the Royals on May 4th.  If you are interested please contact The Seneschal.

Old Business

  • Meeting Space
    • Still looking for alternatives to gather.  We do like Denny’s but are willing to consider other places as well.
  • Events
    • Bhakail Commons-  Lady Alesia de Maris of Ravenstar has offered to place a bid with a possible date of August 25th.  She will look into getting the required permits and insurance.
    • Yule- Lady Alesia de Maris of Ravenstar has offered to place a bid with a possible date of December 14th.  Roseia Poseia would be Deputy Steward and Lord Martyn de Halliwell as head cook.  The Contract should remain the same as last years, and the addition of a cleaning company being a requirement, which we are happy about.
    • Tavern- Baron Mael Eoin and Baron Jibril have expressed interest in running this event in 2020.

Officer

  • Baron
    • Several Bhakailis received at Mudthaw and Coronation
    • Crown Tournament is fast approaching on May 4th.
      • Looking for Largesss/Gifts to give at Crown Tournament
    • Always taking recommendations for baronial awards
  • Seneschal
    • Looking for volunteers to create some largess for the Royals to be presents at Crown Tournament
  • Exchequer
    • “The first quarter financial report has been submitted”
  • MOAS
    • Lady Maryna Borowska Is our new MOAS!
    • Looking to start a Backlog/Blank Scroll workshop.  Possible around May 19th.
  • Herald
    • Report already on the website.
  • Chronicler
    • Notes are being taken
  • Web Minister
    • Still intending to move from Yahoo Groups to Google Groups.  It’ll happen to soon.
    • Make yourself an East Kingdom Wiki page.  It’s free and easy.
    • Officers should be using official emails.
  • Chancellor Minor
    • “Please let me know if you would like any Children Activity at your event.  I would be happy to put something together for you. I am currently putting together some Children Activity for the Caer Adamant for Spring Crown on May 4.  If your are interested in helping out with this, please let me know via email 181843@member.eastkingdom.org.  It would be very appreciated”
  • Chamberlain
    • We have lots of stuff
    • Wants to have an Organization and Catalog day
  • Chatelaine
    • Black Boot Company have been having semi regular meetings, talking about any topic our new comers want to know more about.
    • Planning an day to help newcomers pick out Outfits for events.
    • Talk To Someone New Challenge.  Find someone you don’t know at an event and start a conversation.

Salamander Pursuivant’s Report, 2019-04

His Excellency’s last court was held on January 26th at our tavern event, known this year as “At the Sign of the Cat and Dragon”. Anyone interested in producing scrolls for future Baronial Courts is welcome to contact me.

Heraldic Submissions

If you have submitted an item to the College for review via another consulting herald, please let me know what name you are submitting it under so that the progress of your items can be included on future versions of this report.

 

From the Eastern Internal Letter of Intent (ILoI) – This letter includes all new names and devices that have been submitted to the Eastern College of Heralds in the last month. It takes about two months for items to reach the next stage, the Eastern Letter of Decision.

March 2019:

— Eldrich Gaiman’s has submitted a new transfer of badge ((Fieldless) A camail argent).

January & February 2019:

No letter appears to have been submitted.

 

From the Eastern Letter of Decision (LoD) – This letter reports what items will be forwarded to Laurel to be decided on and what will be returned to the submitter for more work. It takes about six more months for submissions to reach the next stage, the Laurel Letter of Acceptances and Returns.

March 2019:

—  sekh Neswennefer’s new name (Nychoas Revell) and new badge ((Fieldless) On a sun Or, an ankh sable) were forwarded on to Laurel.

January & February 2019:

No letter appears to have been submitted.

 

From the Laurel Letter of Acceptances and Returns (LoAR) – This letter says what items have been accepted by SCA’s College of Arms and what has been returned to the submitter unregistered.

January 2019:

No items I recognized as belonging to a member of the Barony appeared on this month’s LoAR.

December 2018:

— Mari Clock van Hoorne’s household name (Gameday Taverne) was approved.

 

If you are currently unsure of the status of your name or device, please contact me and I will provide you with an update.

Pennsic

For those who made use of the consulting tables at Pennsic, please be aware that due to the number of submissions received, it may not be possible for the consulting heralds to keep you updated on the progress of your names and devices. Please let me know if you submitted something while there, in case you have questions about where it is in the process or in the event that the College has questions or needs to request a change to your paperwork.

 

In service,

Ragna Grímólfsdóttir


January 2019 Business Meeting Notes

New business

  • Tavern – sold out! Wait list is possible, contact Chana through email or Facebook
    • We will need crock pots, please contact Maryna if you can lend one
    • If you have food allergies, contact Maryna
    • Muin will take two apprenti in a “belt-tacular” manner

 

  • Still open to receiving proposal for this year’s Yule and Commons

 

  • Church meeting site – month to month
    • Agreed to January and Feb at least
    • If unhappy, find us a new one
    • Cost is $65/night
    • Should Barony cover cost for baronial meeting?
    • Maybe we can ask them to lower cost if we meet here more?

 

  • Judith the Confused – husband passed on Jan 2nd, memorial Feb 2nd at Commodore Barry Club from 2 pm until 6 pm if you would like to go

 

  • Curia at Birka – lots of topics, one of which is a change that would say any time Royals hold court at a local event, EK gets a 20% cut of profit
    • If anyone has opinions to voice, please submit them to Muin or Rowen
    • Kingdom is losing money, they need to raise money somehow
    • Would make budgeting local events harder because local groups would lose profit

 

Old Business

 

  • Pennsic
    • As last year, accepting people who camped with us last year first, then open to everyone; adding people to wait list already
    • We need a new camp exchequer – once funds are transferred, we will take a closer look at how much money we have, what we spend it on, if we need to change camp fees
      • Camp funds are used for: baronial sheet walls, fire wood, shower filters, lamp oil, ice, water, ice/water for youth fighters, etc
    • Rosie will take care of sheet wall throughout the year

 

Officer Report

  • Coronet
    • Went to first baronial investiture of Buckland Cross; lovely day; presented them with gifts, some they used immediately; gave them dishes, they ate off them that night
    • Morwill (Baronial rapier champion) was elevated into the Order of the Golden Rapier
    • Court will happen at Tavern, anyone who has business for court, please email Rowen
  • Seneschal
    • Entire new year’s worth of possibilities before us
    • Tavern coming, summer brings Pennsic, looking for Commons autocrat post-Pennsic (easy event to run), then Yule needs an autocrat; then Tavern for 2020
    • “It’s a new year, go out and be medieval”
    • Kingdom got back to zip code committee – approved, sent to legate (approved); Baliwick gets new zip codes! (Yay!)
  • Exchequer
    • Bhakail army money – making tabards
    • Gold Key money for new garb
  • MoL
    • Report sent in
    • Don’t forget to hydrate
  • MoaS
    • Art is still happening
    • Michelle announced intention to step down, will maintain role as long as necessary
    • If interested, submit letter of intent to Muin and Rowen
  • Children’s Activities
    • Sent in report
  • Webminister
    • Web exists
    • EK web ministry shut down the old server
  • Chatelaine
    • Planning on plague sale for old garb
    • If you can help make new garb for gold key, please let Chana know in email or Facebook
    • Week or two before event – online check in with newcomers to see what they need before event, give info about site, etc
    • Looking to share info/newcomer gathering ideas with other local Chatelaines
  • Herald
    • Report posted online
    • Runi, Iriniia, Jens have official names
  • Seneschal of Ivy
    • Report sent in 

Salamander Pursuivant’s Report, 2019-01

His Excellency’s last court was held at the Bhakail Yule Revel on Saturday, December 8th. His Excellency’s next court will be held on January 26th at our tavern event, known this year as “At the Sign of the Cat and Dragon”. Anyone interested in producing scrolls for future Baronial Courts is welcome to contact me.

Heraldic Submissions

If you have submitted an item to the College for review via another consulting herald, please let me know what name you are submitting it under so that the progress of your items can be included on future versions of this report.

From the Eastern Internal Letter of Intent (ILoI) – This letter includes all new names and devices that have been submitted to the Eastern College of Heralds in the last month. It takes about two months for items to reach the next stage, the Eastern Letter of Decision.

December 2018:

— sekh Neswennefer has submitted a new name (Nychoas Revell) and a new badge ((Fieldless) On a sun Or, an ankh sable).

From the Eastern Letter of Decision (LoD) – This letter reports what items will be forwarded to Laurel to be decided on and what will be returned to the submitter for more work. It takes about six more months for submissions to reach the next stage, the Laurel Letter of Acceptances and Returns.

December 2018:

—  Mairi Crawford’s new name (Mairi Crawford) and device (Azure, in pale three clouds Or) were forwarded on to Laurel.

From the Laurel Letter of Acceptances and Returns (LoAR) – This letter says what items have been accepted by SCA’s College of Arms and what has been returned to the submitter unregistered.

October 2018:

— Iriniia Mieszkowna’s name (Iriniia Mieszkowna) has been accepted.

— The release of Mari Clock van Hoorne’s badges has been processed.

— Rúni inn írski’s name (Rúni inn írski) has been accepted.

If you are currently unsure of the status of your name or device, please contact me and I will provide you with an update.

Pennsic

For those who made use of the consulting tables at Pennsic, please be aware that due to the number of submissions received, it may not be possible for the consulting heralds to keep you updated on the progress of your names and devices. Please let me know if you submitted something while there, in case you have questions about where it is in the process or in the event that the College has questions or needs to request a change to your paperwork.

 

In service,

Ragna Grímólfsdóttir


Salamander Pursuivant’s Report, 2018-12

His Excellency’s last court was held at the Bhakail Yule Revel on Saturday, December 8th. His Excellency’s next court will be held on January 26th at our tavern event, known this year as “At the Sign of the Cat and Dragon”. Anyone interested in producing scrolls for future Baronial Courts is welcome to contact me.

Heraldic Submissions

If you have submitted an item to the College for review via another consulting herald, please let me know what name you are submitting it under so that the progress of your items can be included on future versions of this report.

From the Eastern Internal Letter of Intent (ILoI) – This letter includes all new names and devices that have been submitted to the Eastern College of Heralds in the last month. It takes about two months for items to reach the next stage, the Eastern Letter of Decision.

November 2018:

— No letter appears to have been posted.

October 2018:

— Mairi Crawford has resubmitted a name (Mairi Crawford) and device (Azure, in pale three clouds Or).

— Mairi Crawford has submitted a new badge ((Fieldless) A urinal Sable). This submission was later withdrawn.

From the Eastern Letter of Decision (LoD) – This letter reports what items will be forwarded to Laurel to be decided on and what will be returned to the submitter for more work. It takes about six more months for submissions to reach the next stage, the Laurel Letter of Acceptances and Returns.

November 2018:

— No letter appears to have been posted.

October 2018:

— I did not see any names or devices which I immediately recognized as belonging to a member of the Barony.

From the Laurel Letter of Acceptances and Returns (LoAR) – This letter says what items have been accepted by SCA’s College of Arms and what has been returned to the submitter unregistered.

September 2018:

— There was only one item listed for the East, which I did not immediately recognize as belonging to a member of the Barony.

August 2018:

— Mýrún Leifsdóttir’s name and device (Sable, an owl contourny maintaining an olive sprig bendwise inverted argent fructed Or) have been accepted.

If you are currently unsure of the status of your name or device, please contact me and I will provide you with an update.

Pennsic

For those who made use of the consulting tables at Pennsic, please be aware that due to the number of submissions received, it may not be possible for the consulting heralds to keep you updated on the progress of your names and devices. Please let me know if you submitted something while there, in case you have questions about where it is in the process or in the event that the College has questions or needs to request a change to your paperwork.

In service,

Ragna Grímólfsdóttir


November 2018 Business Meeting Notes

Old Business

  • New Business Meeting Locations!
  • Yule
    • West Kingdom has been hit hard by wild fires, we plan on collecting  donations of well cared for garb at Yule to send to them.
    • PayPal closes on Nov 28.  Get your Preregs in soon!
    • Volunteers are still needed for setup, tear down, servers, and  Gate Guard.
  • Tavern
    • Volunteers are still needed for setup, tear down, servers, and  Gate Guard.

New Business

  • We have been contacted by representatives of The Mill at Anselma (a national historic site) who have offered us use of their grounds for events.  The site is in the Shire of Hartshorn -dale.
  • 100 Minutes War quickly approaches (Saturday November 17th)

Officer Reports

  • Coronet-
    • Crown Tourney happened last weekend and a new Prince and Princess have been crowned.  This is the first Unbelted Prince in over 20 years.
  • Seneshal-
    • We are entering the colder months and though the number of events wanes and attendance falls he is happy to see the number of people who still attend them.
  • Exchequer-
    • We have money
  • MOAS-
    • A&S evenings are happening on Thursday nights at Lady Eleanora Tilamaker house
  • MOL-
    • Looking for help at Shire Wars
  • Web Minister-
    • Websites continue to work
  • Herald-
    • If you submitted a Name/Device/Badge at Pennsic please let her know
  • Chancellor Minor-
    • Reminder that “Youth Activities” is NOT a babysitting service and that an adult or responsible teenager.
    • There are plans for a Salamander Hunt at Yule
    • Volunteers need to assist with Youth activities at Yule.
  • Chamberlin-
    • Currently looking for a replacement
    • New storage shelves at Mistress Philadelphia’s home
    • Planning a Post-Yule Inventory
  • Chatelaine-
    • New members are active in the group
    • Gold Key Garb, looking to make simpler garb that may be less intimidating, needs pouches & belts if you have any to donate please email chatelaine@bhakail.eastkingdom.org
    • Planning a Post-Yule Inventory
    • Looking to sell old garb to raise funds to make new garb at a Plague Sale, possibly at Commons.
  • Bailiwick
    • Next Business is Monday November 19th at the Van Pelt Library.
    • Looking to hear back from Kingdom about Zip Codes changes

Salamander Pursuivant’s Report, 2018-10

His Excellency’s last court was held at River Wars on September 20th-22nd, with the kind blessings of Their Excellencies Iron Bog. His Excellency’s next court will be held on December 8th at the Bhakail Yule Revel. Anyone interested in producing scrolls for future Baronial Courts is welcome to contact me.

Heraldic Submissions

If you have submitted an item to the College for review via another consulting herald, please let me know what name you are submitting it under so that the progress of your items can be included on future versions of this report.

From the Eastern Internal Letter of Intent (ILoI) – This letter includes all new names and devices that have been submitted to the Eastern College of Heralds in the last month. It takes about two months for items to reach the next stage, the Eastern Letter of Decision.

October 2018:

— No letter has yet been posted.

September 2018:

— No names which I immediately recognized as belonging to a member of the Barony appeared.

From the Eastern Letter of Decision (LoD) – This letter reports what items will be forwarded to Laurel to be decided on and what will be returned to the submitter for more work. It takes about six more months for submissions to reach the next stage, the Laurel Letter of Acceptances and Returns.

October 2018:

— No letter has yet been posted.

From the Laurel Letter of Acceptances and Returns (LoAR) – This letter says what items have been accepted by SCA’s College of Arms and what has been returned to the submitter unregistered.

July 2018:

— No names which I immediately recognized as belonging to a member of the Barony appeared.

If you are currently unsure of the status of your name or device, please contact me and I will provide you with an update.

Pennsic

For those who made use of the consulting tables at Pennsic, please be aware that due to the number of submissions received, it may not be possible for the consulting heralds to keep you updated on the progress of your names and devices. Please let me know if you submitted something while there, in case you have questions about where it is in the process or in the event that the College has questions or needs to request a change to your paperwork.

In service,
Ragna Grímólfsdóttir