- Tavern – sold out! Wait list is possible, contact Chana through email or Facebook
- We will need crock pots, please contact Maryna if you can lend one
- If you have food allergies, contact Maryna
- Muin will take two apprenti in a “belt-tacular” manner
- Still open to receiving proposal for this year’s Yule and Commons
- Church meeting site – month to month
- Agreed to January and Feb at least
- If unhappy, find us a new one
- Cost is $65/night
- Should Barony cover cost for baronial meeting?
- Maybe we can ask them to lower cost if we meet here more?
- Judith the Confused – husband passed on Jan 2nd, memorial Feb 2nd at Commodore Barry Club from 2 pm until 6 pm if you would like to go
- Curia at Birka – lots of topics, one of which is a change that would say any time Royals hold court at a local event, EK gets a 20% cut of profit
- As last year, accepting people who camped with us last year first, then open to everyone; adding people to wait list already
- We need a new camp exchequer – once funds are transferred, we will take a closer look at how much money we have, what we spend it on, if we need to change camp fees
- Camp funds are used for: baronial sheet walls, fire wood, shower filters, lamp oil, ice, water, ice/water for youth fighters, etc
- Rosie will take care of sheet wall throughout the year
- Went to first baronial investiture of Buckland Cross; lovely day; presented them with gifts, some they used immediately; gave them dishes, they ate off them that night
- Morwill (Baronial rapier champion) was elevated into the Order of the Golden Rapier
- Court will happen at Tavern, anyone who has business for court, please email Rowen
- Entire new year’s worth of possibilities before us
- Tavern coming, summer brings Pennsic, looking for Commons autocrat post-Pennsic (easy event to run), then Yule needs an autocrat; then Tavern for 2020
- “It’s a new year, go out and be medieval”
- Kingdom got back to zip code committee – approved, sent to legate (approved); Baliwick gets new zip codes! (Yay!)
- Bhakail army money – making tabards
- Gold Key money for new garb
- Report sent in
- Don’t forget to hydrate
- Art is still happening
- Michelle announced intention to step down, will maintain role as long as necessary
- If interested, submit letter of intent to Muin and Rowen
- Children’s Activities
- Sent in report
- Web exists
- EK web ministry shut down the old server
- Planning on plague sale for old garb
- If you can help make new garb for gold key, please let Chana know in email or Facebook
- Week or two before event – online check in with newcomers to see what they need before event, give info about site, etc
- Looking to share info/newcomer gathering ideas with other local Chatelaines
- Report posted online
- Runi, Iriniia, Jens have official names
- Seneschal of Ivy
- Report sent in
On a winter’s day, December 10th, in the 51st year of the Society, reckoned 2016 in the Common Era, Mael Eoin and Ysmay, Baron and Baroness of Bhakail, held Court at Bhakail Yule.
Representatives from the Shire of Caer Adamant presented themselves to Court and made a gift to the Barony of many colours of cloth for the Barony’s use.
Later, the Prince and Princess of the West, Roger and Zenobia, processed into Court with gifts for Their Excellencies. Prince Roger introduced his youngest son to the Barony, because, he said, Bhakail would always be his home. Baron Mael Eoin and Baroness Ysmay gave gifts to Their Highnesses in return.
Their Excellencies next called for Their Arts and Sciences Champion, Lord Lorenzo Gorla. They thanked him for his service to the Barony, though the time had come for him to step down. Lorenzo named Phillipe the Populace’s Choice winner and he was given a token. Then Lady Shoshana Gryffyth was called forward and named the new Baronial Arts and Sciences Champion, vested with the regalia of her position, and given a scroll crafted by Baron Wulfgar Silfraharr with words by Lord Lorenzo Gorla.
Next, Their Excellencies called for Their Brewing Champion, Thane Alexander Makcristyne, it being time for him to step down. He announced that the Baron’s Choice winner was Edgar refskegg and that the Baroness’ Choice was Lady Cassandra Arques de Northmannia. Lady Cassandra was then named Baronial Brewing Champion and given the tokens of her new position and a scroll calligraphed and illuminated by Baron Wulfgar Silfraharr with words by Lord Sean O’Morain.
Baron Mael Eoin and Baroness Ysmay then called for the newcomers to the SCA and gave them tokens of welcome.
The Marvelous family had recently returned from their trip around the world and presented a Bhakail favour that had seen Lake Bakhail.
Lady Eleanora Tylemaker was called into Court and presented her Order of the Harlequin.This was backlogged to Court of Love, held June 25th, 2016. The scroll was made by Lady Angela Mori with words by Baroness Ysmay de Lynn.
Their Excellencies called for Lord Aurddeilen-ap-Robet and added him as well to the Order of the Harlequin. A scroll to recall this was calligraphed by Baroness Mari Clock van Hoorne, illuminated by Lady Shoshana Gryffyth, with words by Baroness Ysmay de Lynn.
Lady Robin Fagan was called for. She was presented with her Order of the Horse, backlogged to Court of Love, held June 25th, 2016. A scroll to recall the day was presented, created by Lady Siobhan inghean ui Dhonnabhain.
The Order of the Horse was not yet complete. Their Excellencies called for Lady Shoshana Gryffyth and named her to the Order. She was given scroll to remember the day, calligraphed by Baroness Mari Clock van Hoorne, illuminated by Lady Ioane Wynterborn, and words by Master Rowen Cloteworthy.
Next, Lady Roseia Poseia was summoned. In recognition of her service, she, too, was named to the Order of the Horse. She was given a scroll made by Mistress Katherine Barr with words by Baroness Ysmay de Lynn.
The Order still not complete, Their Excellencies called for Patraic O’Donagal and named him a Horse. He was given a scroll crafted by Mistress Katherine Barr with words by Baroness Ysmay de Lynn.
Their Excellencies called for Lord Declan Gobha and praised his skill with rapier. He was named to the Company of the Flame and Salamander and given a buckler painted by Baroness Ysmay de Lynn.
Master Collin Monro of Tadcaster was called forward and he, too, named to the Company of the Flame and Salamander for his skill.
Next, Their Excellencies called for someone who would represent Joseph of Narberth. Joseph had recently passed on, but the Baron and Baroness did not want his contributions to the Barony to be overlooked. He was named to the Order of the Horse and given a scroll calligraphed and illuminated by Lady Triona MacCaskey with words by Baroness Ysmay de Lynn.
Baron Mael Eoin and Baroness Ysmay also called for someone who would speak for Joseph’s lady, Toni of Bhakail. She, too, was named to the Order of the Horse and given a scroll created by Lady Triona MacCaskey with words by Master Rowen Cloteworthy.
Their Excellencies then asked for a moment of silence for all who had gone before.
The Officers of the Barony, Bailiwick, and Canton were called for and their fealty accepted by the Baron and Baroness.
The Baronial Constable, Lord Calin Macsalny, came forward and paid his taxes to the Barony. Then he called for all the children of the Barony and named them each Deputy Constables, charged with protecting the peace and safety of the Barony. Each Deputy was given a badge naming them as such.
Lord Martyn de Halliwell was called forward to pay his taxes on the Springfield cloth mills. Martyn did not have his taxes for the year and was put into ankle stocks by Constable Macsalny until he was able to produce his taxes.
Lord Lorenzo Gorla came forward and paid his taxes in the form of a book, paid on his holdings in the Italian Market.
Lady Lianor de Matos, the Court Astronomer, paid her taxes in spices from New Spain.
Lord Berrick Grayveson was called forward to pay his taxes on his Letter of Marque. He presented Their Excellencies with a box of gold coins and further made a donation of a cloak to be worn by the Baronial Rapier Champion.
Master Alesone Gray, keeper of the pandas in Fairmount Park not found in the zoo, then came forward and described the many adventures that the Travel Panda had had in the Barony’s name.
At this point, with promises that his obligations would be fulfilled at the earliest opportunity, Lord Martyn was released from the stocks and allowed to go free.
Representatives of the Canton of Black Icorndall then came foward with gifts for Their Excellencies, gifts of cookies and chocolate squirrels. Their Excellencies were much pleased with the generosity Their Canton.
Baron Mael Eoin that said that he had a special announcement and called for his Order of the Salamander. He named his herald, Master Rowen Cloteworthy, to that Order and said that a scroll would be forthcoming.
But that Order was not yet complete. Their Excellencies called for Lord Muin maqq Minain and named him a Salamander as well. He was given a scroll created by Lady Astrid Feilan with words by Baroness Ysmay de Lynn.
Court was briefly suspended until the feast. During feast, at the presentation of the boar’s head, Lord John Marshall atte Ford was called before the Coronet and inducted into the Order of the Horse for his service. He was given a scroll to remember the moment, with calligraphy by Baroness Mari Clock van Hoorne, illumination by Lady Shoshana Gryffyth, and words by Baroness Ysmay de Lynn.
At that time, Lord Ian Douglas was also called forward, as was the Order of the Harlequin. Lord Ian had never received his scroll when he was inducted into the Order, so at this time was given a backlog Harlequin scroll, dated to Noisemakers X on April 18, 2015, created by Baron Nissim aven Darmon with words by Baroness Ysmay de Lynn.
There being no further business, Court was closed.
These are the events as I remember them. My thanks to all involved with the event.
Pray know I remain,
For Barony, Bailiwick, and Canton,
– Master Rowen Cloteworthy, Salamander Pursuivant
Their Excellencies Mael Eoin and Ysmay held a very brief Court at the Sign of the Bear and Phoenix event on January 28, 2017, A.S. 51. There was a single item of business. Lord Aurddeilen-ap-Robet was appointed the first Baronial Gaming Champion and given a scroll created by Baroness Mari Clock van Hoorne, with words by Master Rowen Cloteworthy. There was no further business.
His Excellency Mael Eoin held a brief Court at “Winter Nights South” bardic event on February 18th, 2017. Isabel de Kerbriant was inducted into the Order of the Eft. She was given a scroll created by Baroness Mari Clock van Hoorne, with words by Baroness Ysmay de Lynn. Lord Sean O’Morain was thanked for his service as Bardic Champion and stepped down. David Anthony the Creepy Bard was named the new Baronial Bardic Champion and given a scroll calligraphed and illuminated by Baroness Mari Clock van Hoorne, with words by Lord Sean O’Morain. There was no further business.
– Rowen, Salamander Pursuivant