October 2021 Business Meeting Minutes
Coronet’s Report – Baron Muin maqq Minain
I received news today that one of my friends has passed away. I also have just received news that another has been hospitalized and is in an unresponsive coma.
Please take care of yourselves. Take care of those for whom you care. There are few enough of us around that we can be spent so frivolously and your Baron is tired of attending funerals. The more of my friends that make it through this year, the better.
– Muin, Baron of Bhakail
Seneschal’s Report – Honorable Lady Alesia de Maris of Ravenstar
As you may have heard the BoD is allowing each Kingdom to determine the regulations regarding indoor events. Their Majesties and the EK Seneschal have agreed that attendees must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of a vaccination card or a negative covid test less than 72 hours old in order to attend events (including in-person meetings, workshops and practices) as of October 12th. Photos of vaccination cards will be accepted. In addition to vaccination cards and test results you will need to provide a valid ID as we need to match legal names on all documents. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Yule is now a Royal Progress event. We are capping participants to 175, feast to 100, no exceptions. Get your reservation in early. We are still working out the logistics of following the vaccination requirements.
In service to the Barony
– Alesis de Maris
Social Media Deputy – Magister Rowen Cloteworthy
Hello there, Bhakail! –
Had another 12 people join the FB group this month. This time it was a pretty even mix of older members who weren’t in the group already and newcomers. Information relevant to the Barony’s email list is ported over whenever required. A FB event for Yule was created. That’s all for this month.
Exchequer Report – Mistress Philadelphia Brown
Doña Damiana Almodóvar de Sevilla has agreed to be the Emergency Deputy Chancellor of the Exchequer, but still looking for a deputy to train to be the new exchequer when my term is up.
Working on the 3rd quarter report.
Chamberlain’s Report – Honorable Lord Bryan Mac Dhunghaill an Boghadair
Herald’s Report – Lady Ragna Grímólfsdóttir
Chronicler’s Report – Lady Triona MacCasky
As my term expires in February, I am looking for a replacement. Contact me or the seneschal if you are interested.
Historian’s Report – Honorable Lord Bryan Mac Dhunghaill an Boghadair
Historian: I am bringing what I have done already and some contact slips so hopefully I can get some information from some information from people.
In service to the East and the Barony of Bhakail,
– THL Bryan Mac Dhunghaill an Boghadair
Knight Marshal’s Report – Lord Egill Illugasson
Practice continues to be held Weds at 7 until Oct 27th
Proof of vaccination/negative covid test required for participation going forward per new guidelines.
Rapier Marshal’s Report – Don Melchior Kriebel
Practices have resumed at the church on Wednesdays.
As with the heavy practice, proof of vaccination/72 hour negative covid test is required to attend.
Archery Marshal – Lady Maryna Borowska
Thrown Weapons Marshal – The Honorable Lord Mikael melrakki
Minister of the Lists’ Report – The Honorable Lord Mikael melrakki
Will be assisting KMoL at Crown Tournament.
– Mikael melrakki
Chataleine’s Report – Lady Chana Freidl the Maker
Maistir Mael Eoin held an informal gathering at his home to work on some period cooking techniques to which newcomers were invited, and everyone had a great time. Meanwhile, I have been working at Renaissance Faires every weekend and spreading the word about the SCA. I have had a few people interested and handed out the Chatelaine business card, but have yet to be contacted by these individuals. Planning for PAX Unplugged proceeds, I will soon put out a sign up for volunteers to help me at our booth. I still only have one volunteer for Saturday, but I plan on sending an email to the EK list soon to ask for more.
– Lady Chana Freidl the Maker
Minister of Arts & Sciences’ Report – Lady Maryna Borowska
Chancellor Minor’s Report – Lady Honorable Lady Roseia Poseia
I helped with Barony of Carilion Youth Activity at GG&G. Still planning to do the Youth Activity at Shire Wars
– Lady Roseia Posey
Webminister’s Report – Máistir Mael Eoin mac Echuidh
Nothing to report.
Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust – Honorable Lady Livia Petralia
- Tavern – Tavern is tentatively happening on January 29th, 2022. More details to follow.
- Spring Camping Event – His Great Calamity, Baron Muin, would like to hold a camping event sometime in the late spring. He has asked for people to keep an eye out for suitable sites. He also indicated that we could possibly coordinate with another group, if an appropriate location is found within their boundaries, and they are in agreement, of course.
- Youth Catapult – We have had an inquiry if anyone has a youth-sized catapult (child safe) that could be borrowed for a school event.
- Kingdom Seneschal – The EK Seneschal is seeking a replacement. See the kingdom website for more details.
- Marple Library Demo – The demo went very well. They provided us with a very nice lunch. I received an email from the Havertown Library, they heard about the demo we were doing for Marple. They asked about doing a demo for them in the Spring. If the Marple Library asks us back next year we should consider a banner by the road to generate interest. We discussed having a banner made for use at Pax Unplugged. Dayne is looking into it and get prices. A vote was taken and she has a limit of $200 for banners.
- Shire Wars – Is this weekend. It will be the first event under the new regulations regarding vaccinations and Covid testing.
- Yule – Yule is scheduled for December 11th at the German Society in Philadelphia. There is a hard cap of 175 people for this event, due to COVID restrictions. There will be a simple feast, served buffet-style, for 100 people. Then event has also now become an RP, so seats will go fast. Pre-registration will be via Paypal only and will open up the end of September.
- PAX – PAX Unplugged is also the same weekend as Yule, and Chana is looking for volunteers to help man our gaming tables. This is a good exposure event, so if you’re into gaming, think about helping out one of the days.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.