February 2020 Business Meeting Minutes
Coronet’s Report – Baron Muin maqq Minain
Tavern was a good event. While attendance was lighter than usual a good time was had by all. The Baronial gaming and bardic championships were held and we are pleased to have Mistress Sabine de Kerbriant as our new bardic champion and Mistress Marie du Blois as our new gaming champion. A special thanks to Lord Aiden Underhill for keeping us merry with his works.
A thanks to Baron Mael Eoin and Baroness Ysmay for opening up their new home for the meeting.
Seneschal’s Report – Honorable Lady Alesia de Maris of Ravenstar
By now you may have heard that a former member of the Barony was arrested. The information is available for anyone who wants to look for it. At this time he has not been linked to the SCA and we would like to keep it that way.
Please do not discuss this on official channels such as the Baronial Facebook page, listservs, Google Groups etc. If you are contacted by the media please refer them to the East Kingdom Media Liaison, Baroness Aneleda Falconbridge at email@example.com.
Bhakail Heavy Weapons practice has a new location, Kuntao Martial Arts Club, Franklin Commons, 400 Franklin Ave Suite 115, Phoenixville, PA 19460. Practice is on Tuesday nights from 7:30 until 10 PM. Practice is open to everyone regardless of where you live. If you are interested in learning to fight heavy weapons please contact our knight marshal Lord Egil Illugsson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a facebook page, Philadelphia SCA Fighter Practice Info, you can look here for updates, here is the address. https://www.facebook.com/groups/418987514805816/
The new location is within the borders of the Shire of Hartshorn-dale. We thank the good people of Hartshorn-dale for allowing us to use a site in their lands.
Herald’s Report – Lady Ragna Grímólfsdóttir
See report on website here – Herald’s Report
Chronicler’s Report – Lady Triona MacCasky
Lady Triona has volunteered to be the new chronicler (waves hi). I apologize for any name misspellings and abbreviations as this is my first report and I’m still getting the hang of it.
Knight Marshal’s Report – Lord Egill Illugasson
Not present. See note about new fighter practice in the Seneschal’s report.
Rapier Marshal’s Report – Don Melchior Kriebel
Not present. Practice is on Wednesday nights in NE Philadelphia, see website for address.
Exchequer’s Report – Mistress Philadelphia Brown
Final receipts for Yule are in, the formal report will be ready shortly. Yule did quite well as there were a great deal more walk-ins than originally forecast. Question was raised if we should consider the kingdom tithe even though it is not yet in effect, but no decision was made.
Chamberlain’s Report – Honorable Lord Bryan mac Dhughaill an Boghadair
THL Bryan has volunteered to be our new chamberlain.
Minister of Arts & Sciences’ Report – Lady Maryna Borowska
Crown & Queen A&S is rapidly approaching. Also, C&Q Bardic is happening down in Caer Adamant on Feb. 22nd and there will be scribal and fiber arts classes in addition to the competition that day. Come out and support our neighbors to the south.
Minister of the Lists’ Report – Mistress Judith the Confused
Now that winter is upon us, it is a good time to focus on repairing or replacing any worn gear. For the safety of our combatants and friends, take care of yourself and your kit to maximize your fun. Check your authorization cards and determine if you will need to reauthorize before your next event. If your card has taken a vacation without you or is illegible, contact your friendly MOLs to complete the paperwork for a replacement at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. AND don’t forget to keep hydrated, it’s easy to overlook your water intake during these winter months.
Chatelaine’s Report – Lady Chana Freidl the Maker
I continue to get emails from the EK website, and the people contacting us are very interested in joining in! We also had several newcomers join us at Tavern, and it seemed like everyone had a great time. Now that Ysmay and Mael Eoin are a bit more settled in the new house, hopefully we can have a Black Boot day soon and start working on getting these guys more integrated in the fields they would like to be in! A lot of them are looking forward to thrown weapons and archery as well, so we all eagerly await the spring.
Chancellor Minor’s Report – Lady Roseia Poseia
Children’s Activity are available apron request. Please contact Roseia Posey at email@example.com. I helped Barony of Carillion with youth activities at Bellringers. The kids and made paper plate tambourines. We also played games – Goose and Parcheesi. Everyone had a good time. Rosie also asked if people could save the caps from milk jugs as well as empty toilet paper rolls to be used as supplies for crafts for the children.
Webminister’s Report – Lord Rúni inn írski
Nothing to report.
Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust’s Report – Vacant
The Honorable Lord Martyn de Halliwell has stepped down as Seneschal. A new Seneschal will be announced at the next business meeting.
- Thrown weapons – Practice will be starting again at Mikael’s house. Practices will be every other Sunday starting March 15th and every Wednesday night starting in April. There is also the possibility of archery practice at his home as well.
- Archery Loaner Gear – Lady Maryna has asked the barony for $300 to purchase loaner gear for archery practice.
- Commons and Champions – To be at the end of August. A final date should be announced at the next meeting.
- Yule – A call has been put out for bids for Yule 2020.
- Business Meeting Location – We are still looking for a permanent place for the business meeting. Their Excellency’s have offered their home for the time being, but we don’t want to abuse their hospitality.
- Social – There was also discussion of where to hold Social and the current thought is alternating between Yards in the city and out in the Media area (or perhaps points north). Input it welcome.
- Camping Event – His Excellency Muin has proposed the idea of Bhakail hosting a camping event. If anyone knows of appropriate sites, please let his Excellency or the Seneschal know.
- German-American Society Demo – As part of our agreement with the German-American Society for the use of the site for Yule and Tavern, we have agreed to participate in a demo for them. This year they would like help with an 18th century demo in October. They understand that this is past our time period, so they are not expecting full garb (unless you have appropriate garb). More details to follow.
- Pennsic – Pre-reg is open, so if you are planning on camping with Bhakail, please let Lady Chana know before you pre-reg. We can fit a few more people in camp this year, but we will need to figure out how to manage the planned influx of campers for next year, Pennsic 50. We will be having our first Pennsic planning meeting within the next few weeks so we can start discussing this. Another update since last year: Lady Chana has been in touch with the coordinator for disability services regarding C-PAP charging. The rules for our camp can be adjusted in order to make it easier for our camp members to charge their devices. I will email the Pennsic Google Group in order to announce the date and location for the meeting, so if you are interested in joining the group and are not already a part of it, please contact Lady Chana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.