March 2021 Business Meeting Minutes
Coronet’s Report – Baron Muin maqq Minain
To the People of Bhakail, Our Friends, and Our Allies;
In states NOT Pennsylvania, the rollout of the various vaccines for the coronavirus is going well. In those fanciful, far away lands, it looks like we are in the fourth quarter of this pandemic, and we may be able to schedule events this coming Autumn, and be well on the way to full events for Yule in 2021(mundinaiacly speaking).
So, here we are… Get vaccinated as fast as you can. for everyone’s sake.
In the meantime, there are some neighboring groups who will be holding their own ethereal events. (Not saying they’re copying Bhakail…I’m not. Really… uhm… LOOK OVER THERE!! A FLOCK OF TURTLES!!!)
So, attend them! And all of the other great East Kingdom offerings that will teach, entertain, and keep you connected until we can meet in person again.
Baron of Bhakail
Seneschal’s Report – Honorable Lady Alesia de Maris of Ravenstar
Hello the Barony!
The March meeting is Tuesday March 9th at 7 pm on Google Meet. All are welcome. If you want to attend go to the calendar on the Bhakail website. Click on the Business Meeting then click on more details. Then click on Join with Google Meet.
I look forward to seeing you.
Seneschal of Bhakail
Social Media Deputy – Magister Rowen Cloteworthy
Hello to the Barony!
The minutes for last month’s meeting have been posted to the website. We’ve had three new people join the FB group since the February meeting and ten people in January. Information keeps flowing back and forth between the email list and the FB group.
Exchequer’s Report – Mistress Philadelphia Brown
Nothing to report.
Chamberlain’s Report – Honorable Lord Bryan Mac Dhunghaill an Boghadair
Nothing to report.
Herald’s Report – Lady Ragna Grímólfsdóttir
From the Eastern Internal Letter of Intent (ILoI) – This letter includes all new names and devices that have been submitted to the Eastern College of Heralds in the last month. It takes about two months for items to reach the next stage, the Eastern Letter of Decision.
- February 2021:
No letter appears to have been posted.
From the Eastern Letter of Decision (LoD) – This letter reports what items will be forwarded to Laurel to be decided on and what will be returned to the submitter for more work. It takes about six more months for submissions to reach the next stage, the Laurel Letter of Acceptances and Returns.
- February 2021:
I did not see any names or items that I recognized as belonging to members of the Barony on this month’s report.
From the Laurel Letter of Acceptances and Returns (LoAR) – This letter says what items have been accepted by SCA’s College of Arms and what has been returned to the submitter unregistered.
- January 2021:
Rowen Cloteworthy’s household name (Cloteworthy Manor) and Augmentation of Arms (Lozengy argent and sable, a chief gules, for augmentation a canton purpure charged with four millrinds in cross within a bordure Or) have been accepted.
If you are currently unsure of the status of your name or device, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will provide you with an update.
– Ragna Grímólfsdóttir
Chronicler’s Report – Lady Triona MacCasky
Nothing to report.
Knight Marshal’s Report – Lord Egill Illugasson
Per current kingdom policy, heavy practice continues to be on hold for the time being. I will provide updates as changes are announced.
Rapier Marshal’s Report – Don Melchior Kriebel
Practices are canceled until further notice.
Minister of the Lists’ Report – The Honorable Lord Mikael melrakki
Annual report sent in to kingdom. Nothing else to report.
Chataleine’s Report – Lady Chana Freidl the Maker
Nothing new from the Chatelaine.
– Lady Chana Freidl the Maker
Minister of Arts & Sciences’ Report – Lady Maryna Borowska
Chancellor Minor’s Report – Lady Honorable Lady Roseia Poseia
Greetings, Barony of Bhakail –
My report for March is as follows. I was contacted by Eleazar ha Levi from Shire of Blak Rose. He asked me to provisionally be a part of 2021 Shire Wars staff as their Youth / Childrens activity person. I accepted provisionally.
Webminister’s Report – Lord Rúni inn írski
Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust – Honorable Lady Livia Petralia
The event that was scheduled to be held at the Penn Library has been postponed to 2022, due to the pandemic.
- Baronial Birthday options – The Barony is turning 50 this year! Our beloved barony was founded in September 1971 and since this is an important birthday, His Excellency has asked for ideas and suggestions for how we should celebrate. Being that we are Bhakail, it was deemed appropriate that our celebration should last the entire year from September 2021 to September 2022. Suggestions so far have included something special at Yule, should we be able to hold the event in person this year, and a long-weekend camping event over the 4th of July weekend. Apparently, back in the mists of time, Bhakail used to hold an event on that particular weekend and several of those who remember those days thought it fitting that we try and “revive” that event for our 50th. To that end, His Excellency has asked for folks to keep an eye out for an appropriate site to hold this event. Amenities that have been requested are flush toilets and the ability to imbibe alcohol on the premises. Anyone with possible sites should contact either Lady Alesia or His Excellency.
- Yule – Lady Alesia will be contacting Lady Maryna to see if she is still interested in being the event steward for this year’s Yule, should we be able to hold it. Lady Triona confirmed that she was still willing to prepare the dayboard for the event, regardless of who the event steward is. In the event that Lady Maryna is no longer interested in stewarding the event, a call for bids will be put out, most likely at the next business meeting.
- Shire Wars – We are still committed to assisting the Shire of Blak Rose with running this event in October, which seems to have a decent chance of being held in-person, depending on the BoD’s decision about holding in person events again. More details will be discussed as we get closer to the event and have more guidance from the BoD.
- Thrown Weapons and Archery – Lord Mikael mentioned that he is looking to startup thrown weapons practice again soon. He will be putting out a call for help to get the space ready for the season. He will also be talking with Lady Maryna to see if she will be starting archery practices again.
- New Officers and Stewards – Lady Alesia raised a concern that we do not have a good pool of newer people who are willing to hold offices and run events in the Barony. This was a discussion that took place at a Kingdom Seneschal’s meeting and this concern was echoed by many of the Kingdom’s Seneschals. We talked a great deal about how, once we can meet in person again, we can more engage our newer members to help expand this pool. Shadowing and task-based volunteering were discussed. This is something that is very important for all of us to keep in mind as we will not survive in the long run if we rely on the same small cadre of people to hold our offices and run our events.
- Business Meeting – The next Business Meeting will be held on April 13th at 7pm via Google Meet. Check the baronial website for more details and links for the meeting.
- Webminister – The Webminister’s term of office is expiring in April. Letters of Intent are still being called for. Anyone interested in the position should send a Letter of Intent to Lady Alesia.
- Exchequer – The Exchequer is also still looking for a successor or a deputy interested in learning the position. Mistress Philadelphia’s term as Exchequer is not due to expire until 2022 but she is looking for someone interested in learning the position with the intent to take over when her term ends. If you have any questions regarding the duties of the Exchequer please contact Mistress Philadelphia at email@example.com.
- Pennsic – Lady Chana Freidl the Maker, Campmaster – Nothing to report.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.