August 2021 Business Meeting Minutes
Coronet’s Report – Baron Muin maqq Minain
The tidings are grim. Selfish, ignorant people across the country have decided to not get vaccinated. This is a threat to us all, imperils all plans we had been hoping to make, and plans we had just started to make. New guidelines for activities are being revised weekly at this point, which makes planning even more difficult. If you don’t have a medical reason not to, then get vaccinated.
– Muin, Baron of Bhakail
Seneschal’s Report – Honorable Lady Alesia de Maris of Ravenstar
Bhakail Commons will be on Sunday, August 29th . We are going to be at Ridley Creek State Park again and we will be holding the Heavy Weapons and Rapier Championships that day. You don’t need to be a resident of Bhakail to be our Baronial Champion or our Populace Champion, so come out and compete!
Reminder: There is no potluck this year, we encourage you to bring your own food. There are grills onsite and charcoal will be available for your use. Masks will need to be worn except while eating, drinking or during martial activities.
The Barony will be hosting a demo on Saturday, September 11th at Veteran’s Park on Lawrence Road in Broomall. The Marple Library in Broomall has asked us to do this demo. We are looking for volunteers to show up and demonstrate their artwork and crafts. We are also looking for fighters and fencers to demonstrate their skills. Set up will be 10 am, open to the public at 11 am, and close at 4 pm. If you are interested in attending, please let me know. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Alesia de Maris
Social Media Deputy – Magister Rowen Cloteworthy
A busy month with 13 new people added to the Barony’s FB page.
Exchequer Report – Mistress Philadelphia Brown
The 2nd quarter report was filed. I have not sent Triona and Alesia their reimbursements for Commons expenses but will do so shortly. If anyone else is due money from the Barony, please remind me.
Chamberlain’s Report – Honorable Lord Bryan Mac Dhunghaill an Boghadair
Nothing new to report.
Herald’s Report – Lady Ragna Grímólfsdóttir
Chronicler’s Report – Lady Triona MacCasky
Historian’s Report – Honorable Lord Bryan Mac Dhunghaill an Boghadair
Still working on the history but I am running out of information.
Knight Marshal’s Report – Lord Egill Illugasson
Practice continues to be held Thursdays at 7pm at the Riverview Parking Plaza.
I am also asking around about some loaner gear that I have been told has been missing since before my tenure. If anyone has loaner armor from the Barony, please reach out to me so I can be aware of where it is.
I have also started looking for a winter practice location.
Rapier Marshal’s Report – Don Melchior Kriebel
As most of the fencers were unable to attend, we cancelled last week’s practice. Practice continues to be Wednesday night at 7:30.
Archery Marshal – Lady Maryna Borowska
Minister of the Lists Report – Honorable Lord Mikael melrakki
Nothing to report.
Chataleine’s Report – Lady Chana Freidl the Maker
We have some newcomers, welcome Benjamin to tonight’s meeting!
Pax Unplugged is still on for the weekend of December 10th – 12th . Some of the other Pax events have required proof of vaccination or a negative covid test to get in. That may happen at Pax Unplugged.
Minister of Arts & Sciences’ Report – Lady Maryna Borowska
Chancellor Minor’s Report – Lady Honorable Lady Roseia Poseia
Greetings, Bhakail –
I have nothing new to report this month. Still planning to help Shire of Blak Rose with Shire Wars.
– Roseia Posey
Webminister’s Report – Máistir Mael Eoin mac Echuidh
I have been updating the plugins/etc. on the website and continuing to consider redoing the layout and look/feel of the website. I have replaced some old content and updated the site to include information about Champions & Commons, if anyone wants to tweak/verify/etc. the information, including that we’re doing Thrown Weapons and Archery ahead of time.
In reviewing our pages, I noticed our Officer page is rather out of date and some info needed some shuffling. Before I make further changes, please review, but I do not think Baronial Appointments should go under Officers, especially since there is also a Baronial Appointments page. The Company Captain of Archers and Company Captain of Combat Archers aren’t associated with the officer corps, but are non-reporting Baronial Appointments more like Champions.
Green is OK, no work needed.
Magenta needs confirmation and/or term end dates.
Red is definitely not current – will be listed as “Vacant” or can be replaced if there’s more current information.
Blue is a Baronial Appointment and will be moved to that page.,,.
Seneschal: Honorable Lady Alesia de Maris of Ravenstar – she/her (Term ends June 2022)
Deputy Seneschal: Honorable Lord Martyn de Halliwell – he/him
Social Media Deputy: Magister Rowen Cloteworthy – he/him
Salamander Pursuivant (Herald): Lady Ragna Grimolfsdottir – she/her (Term ends Oct. 2022)
Knight Marshal: Lord Egil Illugasson – he/him (Term ends Sept. 2022)
Deputy Knight Marshal: Vacant
Rapier Marshal: Don Melchior Kriebel
Deputy Rapier Marshal: Lord Matteo Cole Amici
Company Captain of Archers: Lord Cynon Mac an Choil
Captain of Combat Archers: Baron Jibril ibn Ammar al-Sayyid al-Fayyad
Thrown Weapons Marshal: Vacant
Archery Marshal: Vacant
Chancellor of the Exchequer: Mistress Philadelphia Brown (Term ends June 2022)
Deputy Chancellor of the Exchequer: Honorable Lady Violet Coleson
Chamberlain: Honorable Lord Bryan mac Dhughaill an Boghadair
Chronicler: Lady Triona MacCasky – she/her (Term ends Feb. 2023)
Historian: Honorable Lord Bryan mac Dhughaill an Boghadair
Minister of Arts & Sciences: Lady Maryna Borowska – she/her (Term end Apr. 2022)
Deputy Minister of Arts & Sciences: Lady Iriniia Mieszkowna – she/her
Dance Teacher: Arglwydd (Honorable Lord) Dafydd Cyhoeddwr
Minister of the Lists: Honorable Lord Mikael Melrakki (Term ends Oct. 2022)
Deputy Minister of the Lists: Vacant
Chatelaine: Lady Chana Freidl the Maker – she/her (Term ends Dec. 2020)
Deputy Chatelaine: Scolastica Caparellia
Chancellor Minor: Honorable Lady Roseia Poseia – she/her (Term ends Jan. 2021)
Web Minister: Maistir Mael Eoin mac Echuidh – he/him (Term ends Apr. 2023)
Deputy Web Minister: Lady Ayleth le Frye
Baliwick of Ivyeinrust: Honorable Lady Livia Petralia
– Mael Eoin
Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust – Honorable Lady Livia Petralia
- Paladin’s Pantry Food Drive Program – Pennsic was canceled for this year, but Paladin’s Pantry is calling for donations for the Portersville food pantry. Aethelmearc will match the first $2,000 dollars donated. Visit the Paladin’s Pantry Facebook page for more information https://www.facebook.com/groups/364370850357942/ (Paladin’s Pantry does not have non-FB contact information). Donations can also be made through https://100kfromthesca.org/.
- Deputy MoAS – Lady Eleanora the Tilemaker is the new deputy MOAS
- Crown Tourney – Crown Tourney went very well. The Crown Tourney staff had a postmortem a couple of weeks ago. Some good ideas came from this meeting, including a side quest for staff. This is a list of things for staff to do. The check from the proceeds of Crown Tourney has been mailed. It should be around $320.
- German Society Newsletter – The German Society is always looking for articles for their quarterly newsletter. If you have a topic you want to write about, please let Mistress Philadelphia know.
- Exchequer – Still looking for a deputy or a successor.
- Thrown weapons and archery practice – Practices are held on Saturday, archery starts at 11, thrown weapons starts at 1:300. Masks must be worn. Practices are at Mikael’s home. Contact Mikael at email@example.com for the address or if you have any questions.
- Baronial Thrown Weapons and Archery Champions Tourneys – As we can’t hold the Thrown Weapons and Archery Champions tourneys at Commons, Mikael and Maryna are holding both tourneys on Saturday, August 21st, with the official transfer of the Champions occurring at Bhakail Commons on Sunday, August 29th. Anyone from Bhakail or the neighboring groups may enter the tournament. Responsibilities of the Champions will be to attend the Baron during courts, represent the Barony in their martial art, and to develop the next tournament. Both Tournaments are at Mikael’s home. Contact Mikael at firstname.lastname@example.org for the address or if you have any questions.
- Bhakail Commons – The last of the paperwork is complete and we have everything in place with Ridley Creek State Park. The event was planned without a potluck, participants will be encouraged to bring their own food. The BOD has stated that food can be provided under certain conditions. The decision to have a potluck was discussed and it was decided to hold the event without one. Masks must be worn.
- Marple Library Demo – The library has reserved Veteran’s Park on Lawrence Road in Broomall for Saturday September 11th. We are looking for people to come out. We do need a couple of fighters and a couple of fencers. We will have a large flat field and a small, covered gazebo. The library wants to promote this demo and has asked for photos for flyers that they will be printing. Chana has some she can provide. Please come in garb. Masks must be worn.
- Shire Wars – There is a meeting on Thursday, August 12th. Alesia will be attending.
- Yule – Maryna stepped down as Event Steward at the July meeting. We have a new bid from Bryan. He sent in 2 budgets, one with a feast and one without. To meet the BOD’s new requirements for food the feast will be a served buffet. To follow social distancing the number of seats for feast will be capped at 100. The feast will be only one remove. There will not be a day board, participants will be encouraged to bring their own food. Mael Eoin will offer an order ahead day board option similar to what he offered for virtual Yule last year. After some discussion it was decided to cap the attendance at 175. This will help with social distancing. The site fee was set at $15 and all participants must pre-register. Alesia asked if the state tightens restrictions and we have to change Yule to virtual or the site decides to close due to another surge, would the site be willing to move our reservation to December 2022. Philly will check but she thinks they would be willing to do that.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.